GREAT COMMISSION WOMEN
2017-2018 National Project
The new theme/project for this year is "more" (with a little "m")
The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me, because the Lord has anointed me to preach good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the broken hearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners." (Isaiah 61:1)
Our new theme/project for 2017-18 is "more". This year, Great Commission Women will focus on reaching the overlooked. We will support four different projects through our financial giving and prayer. They are:
1. At Risk Girls through Hands of Honor in West Africa
2. Pregnant Teens at Casa Elizabeth in Ecuador
3. Human Trafficking Survivors through Agape International Ministries
(AIM Restoration Home in Cambodia)
4. Female Prisoners through the Ina-Inakay Center, Inc. in the Philippines.
This will be an exciting year! The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord has anointed us. Jesus has sent us across the street, across the aisle, around the world. May we proclaim the good news of Jesus in both word and deed. May He give us opportunities to bind up the brokenhearted and eyes to see those whom others may overlook. May God do His work in us and trough us for His glory. ~Jen Vogel, National GCW Director
Great Commission Women, an auxiliary ministry of The Christian and Missionary Alliance, exists to glorify God as devoted Christ followers of all generations, empowered by the Holy Spirit to...Reach the World, Live the Word, and Do the Work.
Women’s Ministries exists to resource, empower and equip women in our local churches to reach out and minister to others. We want to assist you in developing your outreach, discipleship, fellowship and prayer. National Great Commission Women: Great Commission Women Ministries is affiliated with The Christian and Missionary Alliance Church, which has been active in world missions for over a century. Seeking to fulfill the Great Commission, the Alliance sends missionaries and Christian workers throughout the world to share the Good News of salvation through Jesus Christ. Great Commission Women Ministries supports the ministries of the C&MA through prayer, giving and education about the needs of people groups and cultures where we are called to minister.
- We are organized to pray. We promote and practice intercessory prayer for the worldwide ministries of the Christian and Missionary Alliance.
- We are organized for missions. We support Alliance International Workers and ministries through such activities as sacrificial giving and project assistance.
- We are organized for outreach. We initiate evangelism outreach among women.
- We are organized for fellowship. We provide inspirational fellowship among women.
Click here to download the GCW National Policies Manual
Five Main Objectives
• FELLOWSHIP: To build healthy, caring relationships among women in the local church.
• DISCIPLESHIP: To encourage study of God's Word, teaching women to follow Christ and to be built up in their faith.
• OUTREACH: To equip women to share God's love and the message of the gospel with family, friends and neighbors.
• MISSIONS: to involve women in the worldwide ministries of the Alliance through intercession, short-term missions, support of overseas workers and their families, and an annual project that serves specified needs in various countries.
• TO PROMOTE CORPORATE AND INDIVIDUAL PRAYER FOR: Alliance overseas workers, the ministries of the local church, church planting in the United States, and prayer for individuals.