GREAT COMMISSION WOMEN
"Now to him who is able to do immeasurably more than all we ask or imagine, according to his power that is at work within us, to him be glory in the church and in Christ Jesus throughout all generations, forever and ever!"
2018 National Project
Our new theme/project for 2018 is "more". This year, Great Commission Women will focus on reaching the overlooked. We will support four different projects through our financial giving and prayer.
1. At Risk Girls through Hands of Honor in West Africa
2. Pregnant Teens at Casa Elizabeth in Ecuador
3. Human Trafficking Survivors through Agape International Ministries
(AIM Restoration Home in Cambodia)
4. Female Prisoners through the Ina-Inakay Center, Inc. in the Philippines.
This will be an exciting year! The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord has anointed us. Jesus has sent us across the street, across the aisle, around the world. May we proclaim the good news of Jesus in both word and deed. May He give us opportunities to bind up the brokenhearted and eyes to see those whom others may overlook. May God do His work in us and trough us for His glory.
~Jen Vogel, National GCW Director
The following projects have been selected for support throughout the 2018-2019 GCW ministry-year. In addition to providing compassionate care and tangible help to suffering and overlooked peoples in these areas, project coordinators and their teams remain fully committed to proclaiming the good news of Jesus to those who have yet to experience His loving embrace.
“They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the LORD for the display of his splendor” (Isaiah 61:3b, NIV).
SILVER LINING ORPHANAGE | ASIA/PACIFIC | $31,500
Orphans find safety and security in a children’s home that provides a loving, parented family structure. Local seminary students help lead this ministry.
WOMEN’S MINISTRY CENTER | MEXICO | $31,500
Hurting and overlooked women receive spiritual guidance, legal and financial counsel, and 48-hour crisis-care intervention at the Circle of Care Women’s Ministry Center, a ministry of Breath of Life Alliance Church in Guadalajara.
SANTIDOUGOU WIDOWS CENTER | BURKINA FASO | $31,500 Young, deaf women receive sewing machines and training, and widows are given access to soap-making equipment and a Moringa press at the Santidougou Widows Center. Daughters of widows receive one-year scholarships to complete high school.
CAMA ORPHAN PROJECT | VIETNAM | $31,500
Single mothers are resourced to begin small, income-generating activities. Orphans receive tuition, school supplies, and monthly rice portions.
CRISIS PREGNANCY SHELTER | NORTH & CENTRAL ASIA | $31,500
At-risk migrant moms in crisis situations will receive temporary residence, practical support, counseling, and mentoring in life and mothering skills through the ministry of the shelter.
For year two of our theme, “more”, we continue to support our newly appointed projects, praying and financially supporting these great needs. Isaiah says, “We are to be oaks of righteousness” to those who need cared for. God wants us to bring comfort and calmness to those hurting and in need when they come into our presence. The oak tree is a gentle giant, strong and yet soothing, and it brings coolness to those facing the fiery trials of life. Let’s ask God to help us become an Oak of Righteousness for others and for His honor and glory.
Great Commission Women, an auxiliary ministry of The Christian and Missionary Alliance, exists to glorify God as devoted Christ followers of all generations, empowered by the Holy Spirit to...Reach the World, Live the Word, and Do the Work.
Women’s Ministries exists to resource, empower and equip women in our local churches to reach out and minister to others. We want to assist you in developing your outreach, discipleship, fellowship and prayer. National Great Commission Women: Great Commission Women Ministries is affiliated with The Christian and Missionary Alliance Church, which has been active in world missions for over a century. Seeking to fulfill the Great Commission, the Alliance sends missionaries and Christian workers throughout the world to share the Good News of salvation through Jesus Christ. Great Commission Women Ministries supports the ministries of the C&MA through prayer, giving and education about the needs of people groups and cultures where we are called to minister.
- We are organized to pray. We promote and practice intercessory prayer for the worldwide ministries of the Christian and Missionary Alliance.
- We are organized for missions. We support Alliance International Workers and ministries through such activities as sacrificial giving and project assistance.
- We are organized for outreach. We initiate evangelism outreach among women.
- We are organized for fellowship. We provide inspirational fellowship among women.
Click here to download the GCW National Policies Manual
Five Main Objectives
• FELLOWSHIP: To build healthy, caring relationships among women in the local church.
• DISCIPLESHIP: To encourage study of God's Word, teaching women to follow Christ and to be built up in their faith.
• OUTREACH: To equip women to share God's love and the message of the gospel with family, friends and neighbors.
• MISSIONS: to involve women in the worldwide ministries of the Alliance through intercession, short-term missions, support of overseas workers and their families, and an annual project that serves specified needs in various countries.
• TO PROMOTE CORPORATE AND INDIVIDUAL PRAYER FOR: Alliance overseas workers, the ministries of the local church, church planting in the United States, and prayer for individuals.