Great Commission Women Annual Retreat
April 26-27, 2019
Community Alliance Church, Butler, PA
Keynote Speaker: Wanda Walborn
• Bulletin Insert
For more information and to register, click on the picture.
Great Commission Women, an auxiliary ministry of The Christian and Missionary Alliance, exists to glorify God as devoted Christ followers of all generations, empowered by the Holy Spirit to...Reach the World, Live the Word, and Do the Work. Women’s Ministries exists to resource, empower and equip women in our local churches to reach out and minister to others. We want to assist you in developing your outreach, discipleship, fellowship and prayer.
National Great Commission Women: The Christian and Missionary Alliance Church, which has been active in world missions for over a century is seeking to fulfill the Great Commission. The Alliance sends missionaries and Christian workers throughout the world to share the Good News of salvation through Jesus Christ. Great Commission Women Ministries supports the ministries of the C&MA through prayer, giving and education about the needs of people groups and cultures where we are called to minister.
Five Main Objectives
• Fellowship: To build healthy, caring relationship women women in the local church.
• Discipleship: To encourage study of God's Word, teaching women to follow Christ and to be built up in their faith.
• Outreach: To equip women to share God's love and the message of the gospel with family, friends and neighbors.
• Missions: To involve women in the worldwide ministries of the Alliance through intercession, short-term missions, support of overseas workers and their families and an annual project that serves specified needs in various countries.
• To Promote Corporate and Individual Prayer For: Alliance overseas workers, the ministries of the local church, church planting in the United States, and prayer for individuals.
2018-2019 "More" Year 2 National Project
Great Commission Women support the work the Alliance is doing around the world. Every year we carefully and prayerfully choose several missions projects to focus on. Please join us in praying for and supporting these special projects that help women.
The following projects have been selected for support throughout the 2018-2019 GCW ministry year. In addition to providing compassionate care and tangible help to suffering and overlooked peoples in these areas, project coordinators and their teams remain fully committed to proclaiming the good news of Jesus to those who have yet to experience His loving embrace.
• Silver Lining Orphanage - Asia/Pacific
• Women's Ministry Center - Mexico
• Santidougou Widows Center - Burkina Faso
• CAMA Orphan Project - Vietnam
• Crisis Pregnancy Shelter - North & Central Asia
Learn More...2018-2019 "More" year 2 National Project
UPDATE: "Let's Have Coffee" Missions Project
I am thankful for our partnership in the gospel! I am grateful for the Great Commission Women and the special attention that they have given to significant projects that are specific and strategic in scope. In 2015, I received a grant for a development project targeting women helping women through suffering and emotional pain. This is a very important subject for me as a counselor working in a country that has seen generations of hurt due to war, oppression, and poverty.
Read more about... "Let's Have Coffee"